My background is the Birmingham NHS where I worked as a Biomedical Scientist. This scientific career gave me an extensive understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the body and related medical problems. I have been involved in many research projects and published several papers.
I’ve always been fascinated with Aromatherapy and its effects on the body. In 2000 I became a volunteer for the Red Cross working in Residential and Nursing Homes which led me explore my passion for Aromatherapy and utilize my scientific knowledge.
I subsequently pursued an education in Complementary Therapies, setting up a health and wellbeing company “Timeless Partnership” with Janet Capstick in 2004. This is a social enterprise organization with a special interest in Cancer and Parkinson’s Disease Patients.
Having successfully integrated my therapies into hospitals and healthcare organisations (particularly Cancer Support organisations) I realised many clients would benefit, both physically and emotionally, from gentle exercise. So in 2007 I qualified as an instructor for “Healthy Steps Exercise” whose students include nurses, healthcare professionals and complementary therapists. These instructors now incorporate this foundation programme into their NHS clinics and therapy sessions.
- Fellow of the Federation of Holistic Therapies – FFHT. MPACT Registration No: 0076690
- International Institute of Health and Holistic Therapies IIHHT qualified
- Institute of Biomedical Sciences IBMS (Fellowship level) qualified
- Healthy-Steps Instructor-Trainer for UK and Europe. CLMT.
- Fully qualified, in Aromatherapy, Body Massage, Healthy Steps Exercise, Reflexology, Reiki, Thermo-Auricular Therapy, Touch Therapy, Seated Massage, , including
- VTCT Diplomas held in Holistic Therapies and “Understanding the Health Care Environment for the Providers of Complementary Therapies “
- Certified Practitioners – The “M” Technique (2008)